- read-edid Tools for reading the EDID from a monitor
- 3.0.2 sysutils =1 3.0.2Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: danfe@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2016-08-20 18:43:39
- Last Update: 2020-08-26 10:36:18
- SVN Revision: 546256
People watching this port, also watch: monit, tmux, tcpdump, bsd-sort, zrep
- License: not specified in port
- read-edid is a pair of tools (originally by John Fremlin) for reading the
EDID from a monitor. It should work with most monitors made since 1996,
assuming the video card supports the standard read commands (most do).
Two tools are provided: get-edid, which gets the raw EDID information from
the monitor, and parse-edid, which turns the raw binary information into a
xorg.conf-compatible monitor section (or xrandr-compatible modelines).
- SVNWeb : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- To install the port:
cd /usr/ports/sysutils/read-edid/ && make install clean
- To add the package:
pkg install read-edid
- PKGNAME: read-edid
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1430271430
SHA256 (read-edid-3.0.2.tar.gz) = c7c6d8440f5b90f98e276829271ccea5b2ff5a3413df8a0f87ec09f834af186f
SIZE (read-edid-3.0.2.tar.gz) = 17508
- Packages: (move your mouse over the cells for more information)
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- cmake : devel/cmake
- ninja : devel/ninja
- Library dependencies:
- libx86.so : devel/libx86
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options
- ===> The following configuration options are available for read-edid-3.0.2:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- cmake localbase
- If installing:
- FreeBSD has mapping at zero address feature turned off since 8.0-RC2:
This is required to read EDID data via classical VBE interface (to avoid
"mmap /dev/mem: Invalid argument" message from libx86). To temporarily
disable this protection, issue the following command:
# sysctl security.bsd.map_at_zero=1
To return to secure state:
# sysctl security.bsd.map_at_zero=0
- Master Sites:
Number of commits found: 4
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|26 Aug 2020 09:36:18
Unbreak the build with -fno-common (Clang 11, GCC 10).
Reported by: pkg-fallout
|14 Aug 2019 12:16:13
Convert to UCL & cleanup pkg-message (categories s)
|10 Sep 2018 13:14:52
Add DOCS options to ports that should have one.
Also various fixes related to said option.
Submitted by: mat
exp-runs by: antoine
|20 Aug 2016 18:43:29
Add a port of read-edid utility, a pair of tools for reading the EDID from
a monitor. It is mostly useful to read LCD matrix manufacturer and model.
NB: TIMESTAMP line in distinfo should read as follows, but has to stay in
its current form due to a bug in the hook script:
TIMESTAMP (read-edid-3.0.2.tar.gz) = 1430271430
Number of commits found: 4
12 vulnerabilities affecting 72 ports have been reported in the past 14 days
* - modified, not new