- uid_wrapper Wrapper to fake privilege separation
- 1.2.4 devel =0 1.2.4Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: timur@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2018-07-03 03:29:57
- Last Update: 2018-12-25 20:25:40
- SVN Revision: 488341
- License: GPLv3
- - Allows uid switching as a normal user.
- Start any application making it believe it is running as root.
- Support for user/group changing in the local thread using the syscalls
- More precisely this library intercepts seteuid and related calls, and
simulates them in a manner similar to the nss_wrapper and socket_wrapper
Some projects like a file server need privilege separation to be able to switch
to the connection user and do file operations. uid_wrapper convincingly lies to
the application letting it believe it is operating as root and even switching
between UIDs and GIDs as needed.
- SVNWeb : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- For RUN/BUILD depends:
- For LIB depends:
- To install the port:
cd /usr/ports/devel/uid_wrapper/ && make install clean
- To add the package:
pkg install uid_wrapper
- PKGNAME: uid_wrapper
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1530550405
SHA256 (uid_wrapper-1.2.4.tar.gz) = 3c60f65371420074ef437796a36beef2d713c28bd5c5fbf29c3e7a9647cd50fa
SIZE (uid_wrapper-1.2.4.tar.gz) = 311811
- Packages: (move your mouse over the cells for more information)
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- cmocka>=1.1.1 : sysutils/cmocka
- cmake : devel/cmake
- ninja : devel/ninja
- This port is required by:
- for Run
- Configuration Options
- ===> The following configuration options are available for uid_wrapper-1.2.4:
TEST=on: Build and/or run tests
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Master Sites:
Number of commits found: 3
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|25 Dec 2018 20:25:40
Change cmake default behaviour to outsource.
Ports that build out of source now simply can use "USES=cmake"
instead of "USES=cmake:outsource". Ports that fail to build
out of source now need to specify "USES=cmake:insource".
I tried to only set insource where explictely needed.
Exp-run by: antoine
|03 Jul 2018 13:09:10
Incorporate mat@ cleanup suggrestions
|03 Jul 2018 03:29:43
Add a Cwrap suit - set of preloadable wrappers that allow to test different
aspects of the application in a transparent manner.
Sponsored by: iXsystems Inc.
Number of commits found: 3
12 vulnerabilities affecting 72 ports have been reported in the past 14 days
* - modified, not new